Are you passionate to differentiate between children’s lives and enter the fastest growing areas in Australia? A Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care will prepare you to work in many categories of childhood, working with children from 0 to 5 years and parents to support their well-being, education, and development.
You will be eligible for the supervision of employees and volunteers and will be equipped with the skills necessary to plan, implement and manage the programs according to the duties of relevant laws, standards and care requirements. Being a graduate, you will be accountable for the administration of other employees and volunteers, and it can also employ the children as the facilities executive or administrator.
If you have previously accomplished Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, then you will be capable to accomplish this diploma in 1 year instead of 1.5 years.
After proficiently accomplishing this course, you will be trained with expertise and understanding to discovera career in a huge range of children’s facilities.
To achieve this qualification, you have toachieve 23 main units and 5 alternative units. If you are achieving a full-time course, then an important component of the practical assessment is included, and during these days you will need to take part in the 5-day week.
This course consists of 28 modules with 23 modules (non-optional) and 5 electives.
- Developing positive and respectful relationships with children
- Provide Care for Children
- Provide care for infants and children
- Provide an emergency response in the establishment of education and care
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Boost and Provide Healthy Foods and Drinks
- Act legally and morally
- Maintain work health and safety
- Identify children and youth in danger and answer them
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Promote cultural protection of Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Island
- Development of cultural potential
- Extend the child’s overall development and well-being in childhood
- Analyze information to inform learning
- Promote children’s agency
- Design and implement curriculum to promote the teaching and development of children
- Establish and implement schemes for the development of cooperative behavior
- Follow creativity in children
- Establishment and maintenance of a safe and healthy environment for children
- Facilitate compliance in education and care services
- Applying the strategies of involving all children
- Work in partnership with families to provide proper education and care for children.
- Include lasting practices in the service operation
If you are working 15 hours per day in the children’s facilities industry, you are qualified for Early Childhood Education and Care diploma as part of the trainee. Employments can be done at your workplace; offered age groups of children are similar.
Assessment can be a combination of written and online work, trial and practical application projects.You can shorten the length of your chosen qualification by measuring the skills gained through work, life experience or qualification obtained from formal study or training.
After capably achieving this course, you will be qualified to receive the CHC 050113 Diploma of Childhood Education and Care, National Institute of Child Education.
- Early childhood teacher
- Team, association,or agenda advisor
- Children’s facilities executive
- Children’s Services organizer/administrator
- Support to include additional needs
This course will also encourage all development of children by planning and equipment their leisure and learning activities within the legal and ethical framework to ensure the health and safety of the country. Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care is suitable for those who are already working in the Childcare Services industry and want to pursue a career in this field.