Sending your child to a boarding school is a very important decision to take for both your child and even you as parents. May it be a sudden decision or one that has been decided for a long time, it is important to remember that this is a time when you as a parent will also have to understand and let go of certain things and make adjustments accordingly.
From making sure that you have made arrangements for the average boarding school fees to making sure that you have talked to your child about the idea of boarding school, there are a lot of preparations that you will have to make from your end as well. So here are a few important pointers that you will have to keep in mind when preparing to send your child to boarding school:
- The first and the most important thing that you will have to remember is that your child will be on their own once they are in the boarding school and hence you will need to teach them a few things before they leave which will help them to adjust to the new setting of a boarding school. If you had been to a boarding school during your childhood, then your experiences might also prove to be beneficial for the child as well.
- You will have to make sure that the boarding school is not too far away from the home so that you can pay your child a visit as and when you want. This will help in making sure that you can visit your child with the occasional visits and check as to how they are doing but at the same time you will not end up visiting them too often because then the entire purpose of sending your child to a boarding school will be lost.
- When children grow up with their parents, they are under the constant shadow of the parents’ value system. Well when your kids will grow up in a boarding school, it will be like their own family with their own set of values and hence it might not always match with the family value system. So you have to make sure that you as a parent are okay with this fact. There is no point in trying to change your kid, after they are back from the boarding school.
- On a more practical side of things, find out about the indian international school fees that you will be needing for the boarding school so that you are monetarily prepared when you want to send your child to a boarding school.
- And finally you can make sure that your child has all the necessities for boarding school. Get them the books that they will need and also provide them with story books so that they can enrich themselves. Be prepared that though your child will be away from you will have to check on their development and well being from time to time.
So, do make sure that you are also ready from your end so that you can send your child to boarding school.